Do you have dumped trash in your neighborhood that has to be removed? Here's what the city says to do:
Report overflowing litter containers to Waste Management of Alameda County at (510) 613-8710. When calling, provide the litter container number or the exact location of the litter container.
To legally dispose of unwanted household items:
- Donate your salvageable items to Goodwill Industries (510) 698-7200 or email@example.com; or Salvation Army (510) 451-4514 or salvationarmy.org.
- Contact Waste Management of Alameda County to schedule a free bulky pickup (mattresses, sofas, chairs, tables, appliances) at (510) 613-8710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call the Public Works Call Center at (510) 615-5566. Dumping in progress should be called in to 911. The department says that since, OPD will provide an on-line report process at oaklandpolice.com for illegal dumping that is witnessed by a citizen, but is no longer in progress. However, that form isn't discoverable.
- To report illegal dumping, blight and/or nuisance conditions on public property, visit the Report a Problem page or call (510) 615-5566 or email PWACallCenter@oaklandnet.com.
Numbers to call:
- Oakland Code Enforcement - Regarding blight or nuisance on private property, (510) 238-3381
Alameda County complaints:
- Vector Control (rats or other pests) (510) 567-6800
- Abandoned Vehicles (Police) (510) 777-8622
- Hazardous Materials (Fire) (510) 238-3927
- Animal Services (City) (510) 535-5602
- Recycling and Garbage (city) (510) 238-SAVE
- Waste Management (510) 613-8710 for all garbage services or to schedule bulky pickups
Illegal Dumping & Bulky Goods Pickup: A Symptom and Example | Oakland Local http://bit.ly/iwpMxZ